Sock It to Me’s Equity, Diversity and Inclusion Promise
At Sock It to Me we believe everyone has a unique voice that deserves to be heard and that the world would be a better place if everyone felt encouraged to be their authentic self.
With this core value in mind, we are committed to fostering, cultivating, and preserving a culture in which individual differences are valued and celebrated. We intentionally work to create equal opportunities in employment, training and advancement in all of our departments and programs.
This commitment is critical to the well-being of our staff, guides how we run our business, market our brand, and contribute positively to our community.
Sock it to Me lives and breathes these truths:
• We are a women-founded and majority women-led small business sparking and celebrating human connections since 2004.
• We embrace and encourage our employees’ differences in age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, and other characteristics that make our employees unique.
• Inclusion and diversity are at the forefront of our product development efforts. We feature a wide range of artists through our International Design-A-Sock contest and Artist Collaborations. We provide products and extended sizing options for many different body shapes. We strive to model an industry best practice in fit testing; by evaluating products through wear testing and focus groups to equitably capture consumer needs.
• We intentionally represent and celebrate diversity in our marketing and advertising campaigns, including the individuals we highlight in our Human of the Month blog posts.
• We encourage and support employee engagement in our community by offering PTO benefits for time dedicated to helping or advocating for others.
Our commitments are not the end point, they are milestones along our path to address systematic inequities and underlying assumptions that interfere with inclusiveness.
Sock It to Me prioritizes the following actions to further promote equal opportunity:
• Continually evaluate and better our work environment to be free of discrimination and harassment. We seek to establish and uphold a transparent process to safely report, investigate and positively resolve any harassment claims should they arise.
• Encourage employees to enhance awareness of their own behaviors, world views and biases by offering anti-racism and implicit bias training.
• Adopt a strategic approach to diversity recruiting and expand on current hiring efforts for both regular employment and contract work opportunities.
• Hone our potential advancement and training opportunities for staff, with an eye to enrich skill sets and enhance professional growth.
• Allocate the majority of our annual product donation budget to organizations who work to ensure the political, educational, social, and economic equality of all citizens.
• Amplify employee donation efforts by offering company matching up to $500 per employee (in lieu of a personal wellness voucher) to a DEI non-profit of their choice. ****leave out the specifics for external use****
• Identify ways we can promote gender-less conversations, branding and product innovations.
• An employee-led Inclusion Task Force was created in 2020 to serve the company in the evaluation and ongoing development of conditions where every person can contribute in their unique, meaningful way and feel safe and secure doing it.
Our Donation Partners
Here is a blurb about our donation partners! Include donation metrics, link to Human of the Month, etc.